2.11.2010

DIY Packaging Air Pillows

I needed small air pillows to package the little valentines for mailing, so I did some recycling and made my own:
Left over from all my online holiday shopping were tons of these air pillows too big for this application:
So I cut out the sealed edges of each pillow: And also cut out any part with printing on it, leaving me with just the clear plastic:
I folded the clear piece in half:
Resealed all the edges with my suckie-suckie (aka food saver):

Then I snipped off a little corner to fit a straw through (a fun option: insert confetti of your choice) and give it a quick puff:
Bring that snipped corner back to the suckie-suckie for sealing again:
Voila!Notes:
  • Even if you're not looking to alter the size, snipping air pillow corners can let the air out and flatten for easy storage. You can then reuse these with a quick puff and seal whenever you need them.
  • Other soft plastic pieces can be use to make these, look around for plastic wraps that are (unfortunately) all around us!
  • Suckie-suckie made this project easy, but with some testing I imagine many heat sources can produce the same results.

Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you are happy with both the level of firmness and material that the pillow is made from, and covered with. Some people prefer foam, others latex, you may prefer flannel, or cotton, these are individual. best pillow for sleeping india

    ReplyDelete