Recently there was a big relocation at my office. My new awesome commute now:
- is octupled in time and distance
- require a fill up every other day instead of every other week
- keeps me on my toes about filling up since 2/3 of the travel distance include no gas station in sight
- smells like cow manure half of the time
- covers my beloved vehicle, Billy, in squashed bugs
- automatically changes the hip hop radio station to country midway through the trip, which is almost okay because my commute also...
- is deafening me with the harsh winds against Billy's soft top, therefore...
- gives me a headache (physical, not just metaphorical) on a daily basis
- is mostly a single lane highway so there is no avoiding trucks nearby that can do this:
It left shattered glass inside the cab, and I'm grateful that this didn't happen where the bursting glass could have cut my face or my eyes instead. At least I have a husband who cleaned up all the glass for me, and I'm not spending 3 1/2 hours on the road daily like someone else I work with!