The original plan was to display the escorts on the granite slab, with the teabags standing and lined up along the ribbon with labels identifying 'His Family', 'Her Family', and 'Like Family':
Unfortunately, practicality doesn't allow this for several reasons:
- Set up takes entirely too long since teabags aren't made to stand
- Spacing doesn't work out well with the size of our granite slab
- There are 2 people attending the wedding that we did not invite, one of them we have never met, so calling them 'Like Family' would discount the meaning
- Our wedding is outdoors, it will be windy
- They have a tendency to domino (this happened 3 times just during the photo-op!)
We considered doing the his/her/like family grouping this way as well but the numbers in each group doesn't work out to fit full rows, so the least confusing way would just be alphabetizing all of them.
And then I tried doing the grouping on charger plates:
Since I need at least 4 plates to hold all the teabags, I was thinking of adding a group called 'Friends & Guest'. But because we're having such an intimate wedding, most friends who are invited are like family to us so I'd hate to stick them in this category out of convenience.
What would you do?
- Use the granite slab - forget the groups and alphabetize them all
- Do 3 groups (his/her/like-familyx2) and don't think too much
- Do 4 groups (his/her/like-family, and 'friends & guest'), people won't care if they end up on the last plate
- Use the plates but with alphabetical groups instead (A-F, G-M... etc)
- Something completely different coz these options suck