7.11.2008

Da Pool Party

I knew early on that I did not want a fancy dinner after the rehearsal, and thank goodness the FH agrees. The night before the big event, all I want to do is to hang out and enjoy myself in the most laid back manner possible, with those closest to us. We considered some restaurants at first with food options like buffets, Mongolian BBQ, and Korean BBQ thinking they would be a little more interactive than the standard sit down dinner. But in the back of my mind the ideal was always having gourmet pizza and sandwiches poolside.

In a conversation about our search for the ideal after rehearsal venue with one of my co-workers, he suggested this place:
With 3 pools - a kiddie pool, a gorgeous lagoon pool with waterfalls, a big-O lap pool, plus a couple hot tubs:
Turns out this is a clubhouse near where we live and where we blocked rooms for our OOT guests, but it is not open to the public. Membership is reserved exclusively for those living in a particular housing development - where my co-worker resides. Long story short, I got the hook up and we reserved these cabanas for our party (the pools are located directly to the right of this picture):
I'm thrilled about being able to reserve this area, slightly more secluded from the rest of the clubhouse but still only a few steps away from pool access. We can have up to 60 guests, and we are allowed to bring in our own food and drinks. The only downer is that we cannot also bring our own alcohol, though they do have a bar on site. 4 hours of use, with an hour each prior and after for set up and cleanup, for MY kind of price at a measly 50 smackaroos (plus $100 refundable deposit). I have no plans to decorate, do any kind of table set up, or even worry about the headcount, as I don't find any of it necessary. With some music, lawn games, lounge chairs, pizza delivery, and a couple drink coolers, we are going to have the best time ever.

2 comments: