7.16.2008

The Legend of Zelda

So I may never know her real name, but I can't let that keep me from making friends with my dress! She's definitely a princess, which is hard for me to relate to, but I dig that she is well built, has character, and fights for a good cause. I shall call her, Zelda.

Zelda and I spent some quality time together this weekend as I was altering her to fit me. The BEST thing about having a dress I'm not in love with is that I don't care so much about imperfections in the DIY alterations. With the MOH's help yesterday, I put her on fully for the very first time. She still requires more minor adjustments, but here is us kicking it last night (try to picture us and the veil minus all the wrinkles, k?):


And here is me cracking up in my veil worn as a 'superhero cape':
then realizing I'm better off not being a superhero:

The full bustle will be for the reception, and the half bustle is for the ceremony since I don't like the super long train and it works better with the veil. The gorgeous veil is my something borrowed from my good friend who made it herself for her own wedding in 2005:


Though Zelda and I are not best friends, we still make an aiight team, no? I love the fact that I won't have to think twice before jumping in mud if I so desire on my wedding day. I have Zelda to thank for that freedom. And we sing:

Getting to know you, getting to know all about you.
Getting to like you, getting to hope you like me.
Getting to know you, putting it my way,
But nicely,
You are precisely,
My cup of tea. *

* Lyrics from Getting To Know You (Oscar Hammerstein)

3 comments:

  1. First of all, it's pretty! Second of all, I like the full bustle way, way better then any other way. Third, I FAR prefer the cape look.

    And good attitude :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, even if you are not in love with your dress (though I think you may be developing a crush) that dress definitely LOVES YOU. You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, you look beautiful in the dress. you guys did a great job with the alterations...and, i must say, that veil looks good on you! :)

    ReplyDelete